An easy way to help the kiddos do good this summer -- help them create a care package for our troops. A few pointers:
- Request a Military Care Kit from the US Postal Service and they'll send you six flat rate priority boxes to use for packing, labels, customs forms, and priority mail tape (you still need to pay the shipping fee for the care package itself).
- Only include unscented soaps or toiletries.
- Include individually-wrapped snacks (candy, granola bars, etc.) but try not to include items that will melt easily.
- Include a personal note, drawing, or photo.
- Double Ziploc-bag any item with the potential to leak.