There's nothing I love more than a quick, easy, and delicious recipe so I was psyched when Goetze's Candy invited me to participate in their 100th anniversary recipe contest featuring their renowned caramel cream candies. I wanted to create something that required minimal ingredients, was sweet but not too bad on the tooth decay scale, and of course it had to be allergy safe. Ta-da! Introducing my quick and easy Pumpkin Caramel Muffins.
You only need three simple ingredients:
- One box of cake mix (I used white cake, yellow or spice cake mix also works well)
- One 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 12 Goetze caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a 12 count muffin tray with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway with batter.
- Add a Goetze caramel to each muffin cup.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes.
These make a great weekend treat, are easy to transport to parties, and pack well in lunch boxes. They're not only perfect for Halloween, but are a simple treat throughout pumpkin season. If you pick up canned pumpkin and boxed cake mix when they're on sale (you can easily get each for around $1 or less) it's a bargain recipe as well.
Goetze's Caramel Creams were first introduced in 1918 and they are just as delicious and relevant today as they were then. Still made in American and still nut free (shout out to #allergymoms everywhere). You can find a list of local stores that carry the candies here. Happy Pumpkin Season!