When it's coffee o'clock, the Keurig K-Duo Essentials has exactly what you need. Exclusively available at Walmart or Walmart.com this coffee wizard can make a fresh pot OR a single cuppa!
Please note: I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
The K-Duo Essentials is available only at Walmart or Walmart.com. The best part is -- the cost is under $100!
Coffee is definitely one of my favorite things and here are a few of my favorite things about this Keurig combo machine:
- Make a single cup or a carafe
- Large water reservoir (fewer fill ups)
- Pause & pour function (20 seconds) for when you need a cup from the carafe mid-brew
- Uses traditional K-Cups
- So many brew options between K-Cups (tea! coffee! cocoa!) and ground coffees
- Uses traditional-size coffee filters
- Saves counter space with a single dual-function machine
- Pot stays warm for a long time when on heating plate
- Easy-to-fill reservoir (we can do it right from our sink's flexible spout):
There are only four drawbacks to this product for me.
- K-Cups are not recycleable in my area. When I brew a pot of coffee, I can compost the paper filter and the grounds -- I only have the waste of the coffee bag once we use it all up. I don't love throwing a single use plastic K-Cup pod in my trashcan. I do rip the foil cover off the pod, and compost the tiny paper liner and grounds inside; but I do wish I could recycle the whole thing.
- Occasionally, if I don't line it up just right, the filter tray can be tricky to fit back into the machine after filling it with ground coffee.
- There is no timer function to set at night. I love to wake up to the smell of that first pot already brewing but that functionality is not offered with the K-Duo Essentials.
- Many of our travel mugs are too tall to fit under the single serve brewer.
But the convenience of this machine makes up for any items not on my dream coffee pot wish list. Overall, the K-Duo Essentials is a great deal. I love the convenience of being able to choose between a pot or a cup or both! I love that you can brew a pot of coffee and make a cup of tea or cocoa at the same time with one machine. This K-Duo is going to get so much use when we entertain over the holidays when we have multiple orders for hot drinks and we don't have room on the stove for the kettle. Easy peasy! I love it! See purchase option below.