There are so many terrific kids entertainment series with scheduled performances this summer. Some are FREE. Others have a reasonable admission fee. Here's a rundown of the ones you don't want to miss. Use the links for performance information.
- Franklin King Memorial Children's Series: Tuesday mornings, 10 a.m., June 25-August 6. Puppet shows, musicians, magic shows. Admission: $5/adults, $4/children, under 2 FREE. This park also has a daily parking fee of $7 on weekdays, 300 North Main Street, Florence.
- Friday Mornings for Children: Fridays from 10-11 a.m., July 5 - August 9, Stanley Park, 400 Western Ave., Westfield. Some seating available, bring your own if you don't want to sit on the cement floor. FREE.
- Jacob's Pillow Inside/Out performances: Wed. - Sat. evenings at 6:15 - 7 p.m., June 19-August 24. While not child-specific, these FREE dance performances at the outdoor stage are family friendly. An excellent opportunity to expose your child to different styles of dance. Claim a seat on the benches or bring a chair from home, BYO picnic dinner or purchase food on site.
- KidsFest: July 10, July 24, August 14 at 11 a.m., Veteran's Green, corner of School and Main streets in Agawam, FREE. Bring your own chair or blanket.
- Majestic Children's Theater: performances in July and August, morning, afternoon, and evening showtimes. Admission: $9.50/person. This year's lineup includes: Disney's Mulan, The Cat in the Hat and Charlotte's Web. See link for dates and times, 131 Elm St., West Springfield.
- Paintbox Theater: performances in June, July, and August morning and afternoon. Admission: $10/person. This year's lineup includes: Mary Poppins, Everybody Wants to be a Pirate, and How Do Dinosaurs Go To School?. See link for dates and times, Williston, 18 Payson Ave., Easthampton.
*Don't forget -- we'll resurrect our "What to do with the kids tomorrow" posts beginning on June 24 to help you plan FREE and low cost summer fun all season long.*